Moncera OÜ is a legal entity registered in the Republic of Estonia and supervised by the Estonian Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU), which is an independent structural unit of the Estonian Police and Border Guard Board.
Although all the investments into loans you make via Moncera OÜ, hereinafter referred to as the Platform, are protected with a BuyBack guarantee and there is no direct risk of losing your investment(s) in case the borrower fails to pay the loan back, there are still some general business risks. If you are only starting out as an investor, please seek guidance from investment consultant or other relevant experts or look for more elaborate training on investing.
We would like to warn you that you always need to remember that a decision to invest is a personal decision of every investor and no responsibility for the consequences of that decision is accepted. Each investor should independently analyze and evaluate the investment risk and consider their impact and consequences. To help you understand the risks involved when investing, we have complied a non-comprehensive list of main general investment risks, which is not exhaustive:
- There is never full guarantee that you are protected from market risk, which means there is always the chance that the value of an investment may change due to the unfavorable market events, such as the macro-economic reasons, political or social instability, due to the behavior of investors etc.
- Legal or regulatory risk arises from the fact that the legislative acts regulating the investment activities, regulation of joint financing or taxation of earned income may change during the investment period. For example, the government may change the tax laws that govern the taxation of income earned by the investor or create the law that regulates joint financing.
- Political risk is a chance of investment value changing due to the political changes in the country. Radical changes of economic or legal environment, internal political affairs or social crisis situations are all examples of political risk.
- Concentration risk can occur in a situation where investor’s investment portfolio is focused on one type of the investment. We recommend you diversify your investments. Diversification involves spreading your money across multiple investments to reduce the risk. Investing smaller amounts in multiple investments will help you spread your risks. Although diversification is an essential part of investing, it will not lessen all types of risk.
- Operational risk realizes in a situation where the Platform is not able to continue its business and the company would be liquidated. Liquidation reasons may be financial (lack of liquidity, bankruptcy), legal (changes in the legal environment), management (inability to run the business as planned) etc.
- Risk management activities mean that all investment opportunities pass the Platform’s thorough due diligence process to ensure that the information on investment opportunity’s legal, technical, marketing, legal aspects, etc. is accurate and sufficient from making a prudent investment decision.
- Each investor should consider very carefully whether the investment is suitable in the light of their own personal circumstances, commitments and available financial resources. You should not invest more money through the platform than you can afford to lose without altering your standard of living. Moncera OÜ does not provide any advice or recommendation in relation to any investment made available on the Platform. If you have any doubts about the risks of such investments or you otherwise require financial advice, you should seek advice or recommendations from a financial adviser.
- You should be wary of any tax obligations that might apply to you as a result of any interest received on loans enters into on the Platform. Whether and how any relevant tax obligation applies depends on your individual circumstances. We advise you to consult with appropriately qualified tax professionals regarding your individual tax position, which depends on your personal circumstances and may be subject to change in the future.
- The last but not least risk is that the Platform is not a subject to financial supervision. In addition, the Platform is not a subject to investor protection, including Guarantee Fund guarantees, or requirements for corporate sustainability or asset segregation.